- Am I registered to vote and is my registration up to date? (Verify here)
- Have I filled out my absentee request? (https://sos.tn.gov/products/elections/absentee-voting)
- Do I know where to vote and what the election dates are this year? (Listed here https://www.govotetn.com/election-day.html)
- Do I know what I'm voting for? (Read about candidates at http://www.memphislibrary.org/informed-voter/)
- Do I know how I will get to the polls? (For information, look up carpoolvote.org and https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/government-elections/info-2018/voting-transportation.html)
- Who will I bring with me to vote--friends, family, neighbors, etc?
- Voter registration deadline - Tues., July 7
- Early Voting - Fri., July 17 - Sat, August 1
- Absentee request deadline - July 30
- Primary Election day - Tues., August 6
- First Day to Request an Absentee Ballot - Weds., August 5
- Voter Registration Deadline Mon., October 5
- Early Voting Wednesday, October 14 – Thurs., October 29
- Absentee Ballot Request Deadline Tues., October 27
- State/Presidential Election - Tues., November 3
Shelby County Democratic Party
We are going virtual!
Shelby County Democratic Party 2020 Unity Gala
July 25, 2020 at 7:00 pm
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and increasing case numbers in Shelby County we have decided to take this event completely virtual.
Virtual tickets are $50 each
All virtual ticket holders will receive a souvenir booklet and a SCDP gift bag.
For those who previously purchased live event tickets, there are several options for compensation.
Please contact SCDP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (901) 466-6730 for more information.
Purchase Tickets Here Gala TicketsRead more
In a special vote taken over the weekend, the Shelby County Democratic Party Executive Committee has unanimously passed a resolution condemning Senate Bill 2671/House Bill 2817 “Permitless Carry”.
Tennessee led the nation in accidental shooting deaths by children in 2017 and gun deaths are at an all time high in the nation. Gun shots are the second leading cause of deaths for children in the country. Proper training in the use and safety of firearm is critical.
As the Memphis Mayor, Memphis Police Director and the Shelby County Sherriff have already spoken out against the bill, the SCDP urges all House and Senate legislators across the state to vote against this dangerous bill.
The Shelby County Democratic Party urges all voters in Shelby County contact their legislators, and the governor directly, to voice their disapproval for this ill-conceived and dangerous bill.
The text of the resolution can be found below...Read more