Rules for Chair Election
- All Executive Committee and Grassroots Council Members will be able to vote on the SCDP Chair election Saturday, Aug. 28 at the online meeting of the 2021-23 SCDP.
- All members are required to take the Oath of Office before voting.
- Only members of the 2021-21 SCDP will be give the link to attend and log into the Zoom. Attendees may join the Zoom meeting at 12:15pm and will be allowed in up to the time the rules are read. NOTE: Anyone who drops off the call due to technical issues will be allowed back in up to the time voting closes.
- This meeting will be broadcast live from Zoom to the SCDP social media sites (Facebook, YouTube) so the public can observe without entering the Zoom.
- Roll Call Vote: the party secretary will conduct a roll call vote of the 2021-23 SCDP.
- The winner must garner a simple majority (50% plus one vote) to win the election.
- If a tie results after two attempts at roll call voting, the incumbent SCDP Chair will break the tie by flipping a coin.
- The incumbent chair will then swear in the newly elected chair and turn over the meeting to that person.
- Any guidelines not listed in these rules will be resolved at the sole discretion of the Rules Committee, 1st Vice Chair Sarah Beth Larson and TNDP EC member Dave Cambron.
Do you like this page?